- 4oz of butter
- 3-4 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1-2 broccoli separate the stems and the florets. Slice the stems
- 2 leeks
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 ½ pints chicken stalk
- Black pepper
- ¼ pint of double cream (To replicate the flavour and thickness of ½ cup (125mls) of heavy cream, combine 2/3 cup (159 ml) of soy milk with 1/3 cup (79 ml) of olive oil, to make it vegan friendly)
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and add the potatoes, broccoli stems, leeks and celery and black pepper. Cover and cook gently until vegetables are tender.
- Add chopped broccoli florets, chicken stock and nutmeg.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until broccoli is tender. Make sure you don’t overcook it!
- Puree the soup then if your adding cream add it at the end