- 1kg butternut squash
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200.
- Cut the butternut squash lengthwise, then using a spoon scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the squash into large chucks and remove the skin using a peeler.
- Cut the chunks into cubes (roughly 2.5cm).
- Place the chunks on a baking tray, spread evenly. Season with salt & pepper then drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Add the onion to the roasted butternut squash cubes and stir in. Retrurn to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Take the onion and butternut squash out of the oven and put them into a food processor with ½ the vegetable stock (300ml). Blend until nice and smooth with no lumps.
- Place the purée in a saucepan with the remaining stock and the 2 tbsp of honey.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with slices of toasted bread (try to choose a high fibre wholegrain bread), top with parsley (optional).