- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 325g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 reduced-salt chicken stock cube, made up to 1.2ltr
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 roast chicken breast fillets, skin removed, meat shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 15g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- sesame oil, to serve (optional
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a low heat and add the garlic, ginger and most of the spring onions. Cook for 2-3 mins until softened.
- Add the stock & soy sauce to the saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir in the sweetcorn, and the shredded chicken. Simmer for 4-5 mins to heat through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the egg, stirring continuously to create little threads. Season with black pepper and scatter in the coriander. Serve in bowls topped with the reserved spring onion and a drizzle of sesame oil and extra soy sauce, if you like.