- 4 large cooking apples peeled and sliced
- 3 lbs of wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 oz parsley chopped
- 1 medium carrot shredded in a food processor
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 220g butter
- First prepare the apples by placing the apple slices in a saucepan with 120mls of cold water and 4 tsp of sugar. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until the apples have softened. Leave to cool.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and parsley together in a large bowl.
- Add in the carrot, celery and onions and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the stewed apples to the breadcrumb mixture and using your hand knead it al together. The stuffing should be quite moist.
- Place in a large greased roasting tin. Cover it with tin foil and place in a preheated oven at 180 for about 1 ½ hours. Remove tinfoil for the final 15 minutes.