- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp of golden syrup
- 175g jumbo rolled oats
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 60g brazil nuts (or any other kind of nut you’d prefer, if you’re allergic to nuts you can leave them out)
- 60g dried pineapple pieces
- 60g dried banana chips
- 60g dried apricots
- 60g toasted coconut flakes
- Milk or natural low-fat yoghurt to serve
- If using nuts chop them into medium sized pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 200. Pour oil and syrup into a saucepan and gently heat them over a low heat until they melt together.
- Turn the heat off and then pour the rolled oats, nuts and sunflower seeds into the oil/syrup mixture. Stir well until everything is coated.
- Once everything is coated in the oil/syrup mixture, tip everything onto a lined baking tray. Place it in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, or until the edges turn golden and the oats start to cluster.
- While the oat mixture is cooking you can be chopping the pineapple pieces in half and the apricot pieces in quarters. Break the banana chips into small pieces. If you are using other dried fruits just make sure they are chopped into small pieces.
- Mix the dried fruit and the coconut flakes in a bowl.
- When the oat mixture is read scoop in onto a plate to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the oat mixture to the bowl of dried fruit and coconut flakes and mix in.
- You can serve this cereal with some milk or a dollop of natural yoghurt.