- 250g plain flour
- 180g caster sugar, caster
- 180g Butter
- 1 whole egg and one egg yolk
- 250ml Buttermilk
- 1 1/2tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 1/4tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2tsp Salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 380g Blueberries
1. Heat the oven to 220’C
2. Line a muffin tin with 12 bun cases
3. Set aside 1/2 of the blueberries and toss them in 2 tbsp f flour.
4. Mix the baking powder, salt and grated nutmeg into the rest of the flour.
5. Cream the butter and sugar together.
6. Slowly add the egg and vanilla essence.
7. Fold in the flour and the buttermilk slowly.
8. fold in the flour covered blueberries, be careful to remove excess flour from the berries or the mixture will be too dry.
9. Spoon into the individual bun cases.
10. Cook for 20-22minutes or until when you stick a butter knife into one it comes out clean.