This quick and easy Guacamole recipe goes great as a dip or to use in wraps.
- large ripe tomato
- 3 avocados, very ripe but not bruised
- The juice of 1 large lime
- 1 small red onion chopped finely
- 1 chilli, red or green and deseeded finely (optional if you want it less spicy leave out the chilli)
- A small bunch of fresh coriander (optional)
- Use a large knife to crush the tomato to a pulp on a chopping board, then tip into a bowl.
- Halve and stone the 3 avocados (saving a stone) and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into the bowl with the tomato.
- Tip the juice from the lime, a handful of roughly chopped coriander, 1 finely chopped small red onion and 1 deseeded and finely chopped red or green chilli into the bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Use a whisk to roughly mash everything together. If not serving straight away, sit a stone in the guacamole (this helps to stop it going brown), cover with cling film and chill until needed.