A fresh fillet of white fish (cod, haddock or whiting work best, but whatever is available to you). Depending on the size of the fillets have one per person.
Stale bread, 1-2 slices per fish fillet
Egg yolks beaten
- Preheat an oven to 200’C (Fan 190’C)
2. Use a food processer to make the stake bread into fine breadcrumbs. Stale bread works better than fresh bread, but if you don’t have any stale bread fresh bread works too)
3. Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl.
4. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place the yolks in a separate bowl. Beat them with a fork.
5. In the third bowl pour about 1 tablespoon of flour per fish fillet.
6. Set the bowls up in order starting with the flour, the egg yolks, and the breadcrumbs.
7. Lightly grease a pan with olive oil.
8. Coat the fish fillet in flour, then egg yolk, and finally coat it in breadcrumbs. Place the coated fish on the greased pan. Repeat with the other fillets.
9. Place in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until golden brown.
Check out my smoked paprika cubes https://sorchashealthyliving.com/?page_id=260 to add a healthy alternative to greasy chips, or you can use oven chips sprinkled with a bit of olive oil and season with some paprika, oregano, or Aromat for extra flavour!
Add peas to finish the dish off. You can get dehydrated marrowfat peas which take 20 minutes to boil, or you can use frozen garden peas and once they’re boiled mash them with a bit of butter and a pinch of salt to season.