- 2tbsp olive oil 100g popcorn kernels
- 25g finely grated parmesan
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan that ha a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the popcorn kernels and closed the lid tightly onto the saucepan. At first you won’t hear anything, but soon it’ll sound like a party in the saucepan.
- Using oven glove or a dry cloth to protect your hands from getting burnt shake the pan gently from side to side to ensure all the popcorn kernels get the heat.
- Once the popping has slowed down or stopped you can carefully remove from the heat and remove the lid.
- Tip the popcorn into a large bowl and add the parmesan and chives (if you’re using chives) eith salt and pepper if you think it needs it. Taste it first before adding the salt and pepper though, as there might be enough flavour from the parmesan and chives.