- 75g of pasta bows
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced into small pieces
- 1 large carrot, scrubbed and cut into small pieces
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Grated parmesan cheese to garnish.
- Bring a medium sized pan of water to the boil and add the pasta. Simmer until the pasta is tender, but not completely cooked (about 8 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent it from sticking together or cooking further, Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Fry over a medium heat for 8 minutes until softened and golden.
- Add the celery, carrot, potatoes, oregano, bay leaf and. Stir well.
- Pour in the stock and chopped tomatoes. Stir again and bring to the boil.
- When the soup is bubbling reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the lid and add the pasta bows, stir well.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese (optional)