- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp fresh Thyme
- 1300mls chicken broth
- 300g cooked Chicken meat
- 200g frozen Peas
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tsp lemon juice
- Add the oil to a pan and gently fry the onions, carrots and thyme leaves for 15 mins.
- Tip them into the slow cooker with 1 litre stock. If you’re using a chicken carcass, add it now.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 hours on High until the veg is tender. If you used a carcass, remove it now, shredding
- any remaining chicken from the bones.
- Stir back into the soup or add the leftover roast chicken and frozen peas.
- Cook for 30 mins more.
- Remove half the mixture and purée with a stick blender, then serve.