- Frozen stir fry vegetables
- Rice noodles or egg noodles
- Diced chicken or prawns (for a vegetarian you can just add extra veg or tofu)
- 125ml soy sauce (low sodium)
- 190ml of chicken stock, use 1/2 a stock cube (low sodium) , use vegetable broth for a vegetarian/vegan version)
- 4 tbsp of honey (can leave out for vegan version)
- 30ml of distilled vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- Whisk together the soy sauce, chicken broth, honey, distilled vinegar, garlic powder, ginger & corn-starch
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a stir -fry pan or a normal non-stick pan. Stir-fry the chicken or prawns until fully cooked (prawns only take 3 mins).
- Remove the cooked meat and set aside for now. Add a little bit more oil to the pan if needed, then add the frozen veg.
- Stir fry the frozen vegetables according to instruction on the bag
- Add the chicken/prawns back to the pan with the veg.
- Pour sauce over cooked protein and vegetables. Simmer over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until the sauce is thickened.
- Cook noodles while the meat, veg and sauce are simmering. For a gluten free version rice noodles are nice. They are also much lighter than the usual egg noodles.
- Once the noodles are cooked drain them and stir in with veg, protein & sauce.