- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 400g (14oz) tin of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400g (14oz) tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- A few drops of tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 wholegrain tortillas
- 50g of grated cheddar (optional)
- Guacamole (shop bought or check out my recipe on how to make your own, it’s really easy! guacamole recipe)
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan, add the chopped onion and stir occasionally for about 6-8 minutes until the onion is soft and slightly gold in colour.
- Add the oregano, tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, and cumin to the onions and stir.
- Add the rinsed and drained beans to the saucepan, stir and bring to the boil.
- When it starts to bubble reduce the heat to low and cover. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the beans and add a bit of salt & pepper if needed. If you’re adding the tabasco sauce add it now and stir it in. Cook for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Heat the tortilla wraps either in a microwave for a few seconds or wrap them in tinfoil and place them in a hot oven for a few minute (2-3 minutes).
- Place each wrap on a plate and spoon the bean mixture onto it.
- Sprinkle some cheese ad a dollop of guacamole before folding in one end of the wrap, then fold up the bottom before rolling it over to make a nice tight burrito.